Tuesday, July 13, 2010

On to Cody

We left for Cody at 6 am on Wednesday. We stopped in Gillette for breakfast a couple hours later. After we left I-90, the road through the mountains was wild. At the very top of a gnarly mountain, we encountered road construction that was nothing but two muddy ruts. I was so busy paying attention to my driving that I didn’t notice that Carman was no longer behind me. I thought that he had stopped to take some pictures because the scenery was killer. When I got to an information rest area center, a gentleman knocked on the camper door and told me that Carman had a flat tire. He noticed it and hailed him down. What a good Samaritan! They thought that the construction crew could inflate it for him, but that didn’t happen. He had to put the doughnut on instead. Carman caught up to me farther down the road. I followed him the rest of the way. Just before we got into Cody, we hit a thunder storm, and Marshall tried to crawl under my legs because he was afraid of the lightening and thunder. I had to pull off to the side of the road until there was nothing more to frighten him. Carman, in the meantime, took pictures of the lightening.

lighting

After we settled in the RV park, we went to the tire place. They had to order a new tire and it arrived at about 3 Thursday afternoon. We had to move to another campground, because the park was full for the 4th of July. I guess we could have stayed at the local Walmart like 50 other units did. I got a picture of some of the ones who were still there the next morning.

Bozeman 022

When Carman went to pick up the new tire, the guys presented him with a piece of drill bit that they found in the tire.

yellowstone 038

I made reservations for 3 days in Bozeman to wait out the holiday travelers. Our last night in Cody, Marshall ate 4 quarter pounders that I was defrosting for the grill. Here is a picture of Marshall looking full and a little shame-faced. Since he doesn’t do people food, he suffered two days of diarrhea which kept me washing rugs and rags and spraying for the smell.

Bozeman 024

No comments: