Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Fun Continues

 

As you might suspect, there’s a lot going on all the time. We are treated to spectacular sunsets constantly, but every once in a while, I decide I need to capture one. This particular shot I’m going to make into a scrapbooking background.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Two Thursdays ago, our hiking group did Pilot’s Knob just across the border into California. I had done this hike four years ago and it scared me, so I found two other companions to hike around the bottom. This is a scrapbooking page that I did of the guys who went over the top and our group later on.

Pilotsknob copy

This is a better picture of our group on the backside after we all got together. Our trip back over by a somewhat easy path was only in the mind of the beholder.

backside of knob

It is rather redundant. The person taking the picture is the crazy lady in the red shirt in the previous picture.

The newbie's were intrigued by the clothing left behind by the illegal's crossing the border. They don’t swim the Rio Grande, Gila or Colorado, but the American Canal which provides the irrigation for the produce fields. I have pictures of all sorts of things that Norma dubbed artifacts to include a ballpoint pen, a child’s barrette and all sorts of underwear and outer clothing.

artifact1

This happens to be a perfectly good baseball cap.

My daily walk is usually into town to some kind of store to run an errand, but I really prefer heading off into the desert. This my preferred path.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Our singles group decided to do an Eastern European ethnic Christmas dinner. So Barb, Frances and I got together at Norma’s to make pirogues, but we had to toast the occasion with a Macadamia nut tequila.

pirogi time 

Gosh, old people just get together for any excuse to eat and drink. Here’s our spread.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The weather has been so great, but this evening it’s raining. If it doesn’t stop by the time the boys need to walk, that’s OK, I have my slicker.

No comments: