Sunday, July 15, 2012

More Summer

It's hard to believe summer is half over. One Sunday I decided to take a ride up to Pie Town. If you blink, you'll miss it. There are two places that serve pie. I stopped at one for lunch; no pie. Silly me!


On the way home, I couldn't resist getting a picture of one of the Very Large Arrays and the clouds above the Plains of Augustine.



Since I'm going to be around this summer instead of traveling as previously planned, I decided to take some interesting pictures of the local area. A portion of the newly renovated courthouse and Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church caught my attention.



Then I went down to the little park next to the restaurant at Dam Site Marina. A few years ago they dedicated this statue of a civilian conservation corps worker.


This is my monsoon sunset that I used my poetic/artistic license to alter.


I went up to Albuquerque a couple of weeks ago so the medical community could take pictures of my perfect colon. On Sunday morning I drove up to the picnic grounds at the base of La Luz Trail that goes to the crest at Sandia Peak. The round building is the restroom, but someone left his/her shoe behind. I have no idea what the abandon building was.



This picnic table would have been a perfect place for breakfast had I thought ahead.


No comments: