Friday, March 8, 2013

Ironwood Forest National Monument

On Wednesday, I finally found it. Like a lot of people comment: there are more saguaro, grease wood, and any other type of cacti than ironwood trees. So the idea of a forest is rather strange. It's remote and lonely, even though it's not that far from civilization. I was so close an my first trip out, that on the way back, I backtracked to where I had previously been lost. I want a companion the next time and lunch in my backpack.




The two pictures above are the same except that I was playing with Elements.


In the picture above, the dark spot between the two biggest saguaro is an ironwood. Below, you can see how lonely the area is. I wanted to go off on a side road, and the Tracker was begging me, "Mom, let's go four-wheeling!" Incidentally, on the left side of the picture, the dead tree is an ironwood!





This morning's sunrise. As I post this, the wind is howling outside and the temp has dropped 20 from this morning's balmy 63.


No comments: