Thursday, August 15, 2013

Beautiful Yosemite

I left Fresno Monday morning for the 50 mile trip up here to Oakhurst to High Sierra RV Park about 17 miles from the park entrance. It's right on the Fresno River which is getting lower every day. It's really great for experimenting with my camera. This what I can see from my campsite. This wouldn't be such a good spot if there were more water, because it's a designated swimming area.



You'll notice that I like reflections.




This is a California wildflower called Everlasting Sweet Pea. They grow wild along the river bank.


These pictures are from Tuesday when I first ventured into the park. All national parks have tunnels, right? At least the ones I have visited out west. Come to think of it, I don't recall any I've visited on the East coast except for Gulf Islands National Seashore near Pensacola.




This is what you see when you exit the tunnel. There are two big parking lots to accommodate all the tourists.



Bridal Veil Falls at a trickle. Still an awesome sight!


This is Half Dome. No, there was never a whole dome, but a few of us were joking about photo-shopping one into existence.


Half Dome reflected in the Merced River.


This is El Capitan, another impressive granite formation.




Meet my little duckie friend having a great day paddling the Merced. I was frustrated that I had missed some good shots. So I went back on Wednesday. The next blog will be the new and improved pictures. Naturally, I wouldn't show the lousy ones.


4 comments:

Kathie Quisenberry said...

Awesome!

The Artist Rocks said...

Thanks, Kathie. You'd really like this place.

Angele said...

Gosh! Beautiful places & I'm glad you shared the duck :)

The Artist Rocks said...

I like taking pics of wildlife and flowers. Landscapes are so-so with me.