Monday, April 19, 2010

Fun in Tucson

I arrived at Beaudry RV around lunch time on Monday. Cathy and Bob probably arrived around the same time, but they didn’t contact me until I was at the pool. We caught up on all of our various travels while enjoying the windy sunshine. Later we got together at their rig for a glass of wine and a ‘ show and tell’ of our travels.

On Tuesday morning I drove out to the Desert Museum and Botanical Gardens. Gary and I had been out here a few years ago, but now I have two new cameras.

otucson 001

otucson 019

These look like violets or johnny jump ups. 

otucson 015

 

nbotanical 017

nbotanical 047 

The ocotillos were in rare form.

nbotanical 041 

After this, we went on to Gilbert Ray Park for a bit of semi-dry camping. This spot is highly recommended in RV magazines. It’s quite lovely and the birds sing constantly.

otucson 028

This particular cactus was blooming right near our space. I did back that sucker in all by myself! Marshall wouldn’t get out and help.

otucson 025

1 comment:

Camille Carnell Pronovost said...

Nice pics, Dolly. I love the Desert Museum.