Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Life at the Lake

 

I guess I’m just a sucker for taking pictures, but then again, I’m easily entertained and capable of boring everyone else. I haven’t seen any interesting birds, and none who wanted to pose, so you’re spared bird pictures. I did take some mesquite pictures. All my friends and relatives know I’ve really gone around the bend. I’m wanting to educate my new friends who aren’t familiar with New Mexico. This is a picture of my one and only mesquite in my front yard. It has really gotten big. I need to encourage it to grow taller, but for right now I’m enjoying its almost perfect symmetry.

This is a close-up of the buds of future mesquite beans. I should have gotten a picture sooner. You can almost see the beans, as opposed to earlier when they looked like fuzzy flowers. When I was in Arizona, I got a picture of the pods on an ironwood tree, and they looked similar.

These are some gourds that I collect on Skyline.

You know a person is really losing it when they take a picture of his/her breakfast. Norma was always taking pictures of food when we were cooking, so her brother, a chef, could see what we were doing as we entertained.

As soon as the wind quits blowing, I’ll find some more interesting things to share. Promise.

No comments: