Thursday, May 12, 2011

Mother’s Day Weekend

 

What a full three days of fun! Marty and Sue arrived before noon and we scoped out the projects that I had lined up. Poor Marty. At least the work keeps him occupied and out of trouble. I agreed to have the oleanders cut down now that they were showing green shoots. He did it with a power trimmer that was noisy and scary. Clean up was labor intensive.

Friday evening we went to the Inn for dinner. Naturally, we ran into Eddie and Mo and the rest of the crew. The food was great and they had a one man band, Derah Vaughn, who played country, contemporary, and Celtic. Too bad Brock wasn’t here.

Saturday morning we went out on the boat and had a grand time fishing. Since I am now old enough, I can fish for free, but didn’t get a chance, because Sue and Marty were catching them left and right literally from each side of the boat. At first Marty was driving and I was taking pictures. Then the fishing got busy, so I had to drive. They ended up getting 17 fish in all: 16 white bass and one walleye. It was a “catch and release” day, but next time, we’re going to save some to eat.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We were exploring to some of our favorite spots to see how they looked since the water is down. I have taken several pictures over the years of this rock. Marty claims he would like to jump off. I maintain that he’ll have to get to the top first. I’ve nicknamed it “Bird Rock” since there’s so much white stuff on one side.

I also have several pictures of this “eye” taken over the years. I’m going to have to put together a collage, because they are taken at different times of day and year.

We traveled around the butte, and on the east side it was very shallow, but we did get to see the goats, first time in a long time. They sure looked well-fed.

I also got a shot of a turtle ( actually three were there) sunning himself.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

That evening Sue made cottage cheese salad for dinner with sour dough bread. Deb joined us for dinner and drinks. It was a fun evening.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The next day was Mother’s Day and we continued with more yard work and planting flowers in my pots and containers. My present from Marty and Sue was a set of wine glasses. I wonder why? Tammy and her family sent me a card that had something funny to do with drinking wine. My son Michael in Ohio called, so it was an outstanding time. Thanks guys.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments: