Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Since everyone was coming to Elephant Butte, I decided to escape to ABQ. Shortly after I arrived, Marty and Sue and I went to O'Neill's for lunch. It's a fun Irish pub with a patio where patrons can even bring their dogs. They even provide water.
I did some shopping and actually found some patio furniture (table, chairs, and umbrella) for a reasonable price. Loading them in my Highlander and tying the table on the roof rack was a challenge, but I made it home OK even in windy conditions.

Saturday, I met Bob and Tammy for breakfast. Bob is leaving for Israel for six weeks. I guess Tammy and Sky are going to have to learn how to cook all over again. I'm sure he'll have some great stories to tell when he gets back.

Sunday was race day. Both the Indy 500 and the Nascar race had exciting finishes. Poor Jr.! Oh well, there's always  next week.

I was relaxing on the hammock in Sue and Marty's backyard, and Tux decided to join me.

On Sunday the grandkids two doors down from Marty and Sue decided to challenge Marty to a water balloon war. I'm not sure who won, but I'm grateful that the neighbor in the middle didn't call the police. Everyone had a lot of fun getting creative: Marty most of all, because he resorted to the hose at one point. Here's a picture of "Water Balloon Man."

The big kid knows how to grill up some great food.

                                          Shrimp and Veggie Kabobs

No comments: