Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fun Visitors

Last week was busy with my normal puttering; I refuse to call it housecleaning and yardwork. Then on Wednesday afternoon, Judy and Rex arrived at Lakeside RV Park, but only after Judy's GPS failed her and she got stuck over in front of the butte, and damaged her car and camper getting turned around. I feel so bad; I know I should have given her specific directions. We discussed the whole thing over wine, and then went to the Inn for dinner.

On Thursday, I gave them a grand tour of our shrunken lake, and they gave  me a geocaching lesson. I found my first one with Rex and Judy's help. Judy is updating her log on Rex's back.

The two small pictures are from Rex's camera, and I stole them from FB. Judy and I are sitting at the display in front of Geronimo Springs Museum. And the other one is out at the lake.

We went to lunch at the Club; being a veteran golfer, Rex was impressed with the course. Judy and I took Rex back to his unit and Reuger his dog. Judy and I left for Chloride and some "girl time" that Rex insisted that we have. I drove the Tracker to see how it handled on the highway. I wasn't disappointed. Judy enjoyed the museum tour guided by the Edmund's daughter. After happy hour at my place and an intro to the geocaching site, we said our fond farewells until the next time we meet. It was a truly great visit. Oh, and I did order a GPS geocaching unit. I'm due to get it tomorrow. Just one more toy to add to my list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...have you had a chance to use the GPS yet?? Rex asks what kind did you get:-) Hope you're having a good trip, too...Judy