Saturday, June 11, 2011

Last Weekend

You all know I've got to be worthless if it take me a whole week to post pictures and thoughts from last weekend. After my RVing friends left, Marty and Sue arrived. Poor Marty had to put together the patio set that I bought in ABQ the previous weekend.



Of course this pictue was taken on Sunday morning before the kids returned to ABQ. On Friday we did some more "honey do" chores and Marty checked out the boat. Then we went to the Inn for dinner and carried a lot of food back home for snacks. We were on the water by 8 the next morning. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. The caught fish count was only 5: 4 white bass and a catfish.



We did some more exploring and found Steve Fakus' burger barge.

We were at the south side of Kettletop and I saw this off in a distance and took a picture of I didn't know what at the time, then we rounded the cove and lo and behold.

We also did our favorite thing of what I call "Bird Rock". Some guys were jumping off, but we weren't close enough to get pictures. I did a somewhat inane video; however, I don't have the patience for these things to upload.

It was a perfect day to be on the lake. When we got home, some down-time was in order, but Mom had been marinating teriaki beef chunks all day, and we put together some kabobs with corn on the cob for a great dinner.

After last weekend's fun, I'm now seriously planning my trip East, and plan to leave on Monday the 20th. The hardest part is making lists and making sure I don't forget anything.

No comments: