Monday, June 27, 2011

After a week on the road. .

This was our first  night's stop at the Country Club RV & Golf Resort. Perhaps about 20 years ago. The golf course next door is great, but the RV park is mostly permanent residents and had slowly gone to seed. Our second night was Weatherford west of Ft. Worth where we experienced a fierce thunderstorm during the evening which did not make Marshall happy. The next day getting across Ft. Worth/Dallas was relatively easy. The third night we stayed at the Cinamon Creek RV Park in Minden, LA. This was a really pretty park, but there was  no manager on site, so I had to call a number that a very nice camper gave me. Our last night out before getting to Pensacola was at Meridian, MS at a very nice park with very nice personnel. I arrived in Pensacola a little after lunch on Friday. My Garmin died after it got me through Mobile, so I had to get out my Pensacola map and find my way. The rv park is really nice and some of the work campers jump started the Tracker for me, because the battery was dead when we disconnected it from the rv. I think it's that dome light that doesn't always go out that caused it.
These are pictures from the rv park. It is extremely picturesque here, and I have more pictures and commentary to share. Saturday evening we had a really great dinner at Karen and Mike's and the picture below is of Darren and Jill.




No comments: