Saturday, July 2, 2011

Too Much Fun Too Many Pictures

Having my Tracker has allowed me to double  my fun. Last Saturday, I drove over to Alabama and saw first hand the fire. Some campers had to leave, but they finally got it under control.


There were a lot of people enjoying the beach and perfect weather.


When I came back, I met some people from Virginia Beach, and we ended up taking pictures of the sunset. Here's my shark cloud.
These same people told me about the Sunset Grille just down the road. Karen and I had  lunch there on Tuesday: grouper Reubens. Excellent! There's an island not too far off, and I was able to get a picture of some pelicans. Actually, there were three nests, but not all the birds cooperated.
I can't help taking pictures of flowers, and this hibiscus called to me


While visiting Karen and Mike, Deb and her crew and I ate so much fish. Poor Karen did most of the cooking except when we went to Carrabas and Sam's for Poor Boys. We shared our lunches with Gene. Due to her kidney infection, we weren't able to take her out, but it didn't stop us from having fun. Relaxing on the lanai was great, and one lunch time Mike cooked hamburgs on the grill.
Karen and Mike have two dogs: a terrier and a poodle mix. Buddy, the terrier, reminds me of the Smith's Sadie who passed away this last year. Reese, the chocolate poodle mix, was just a cute fun dog. Jill and I threatened to kidnap him and take him home.



Karen is such a talented artists. I got to view a scrapbook that Autrey made of all the christening gowns that Karen has made for her grandchildren. Aside from designing and doing the interior decorating for her home, she has helped various members of her family. The most recent project was the nursery for Jill and Darren's new daughter Payton. Here she working on some beading.

On Thursday morning I left for Tallahassee. The trip was 200 miles of beautiful scenery, but I had to stop at rest areas twice, because I felt sleepy. Right after I pulled into the campground, a helacious thunderstorm erupted. I pulled into my site, but didn't set up because of the storm. When the rain lessened,  my neighbor came over and told me the Tracker had a flat tire.


The next day, a tire company came out and changed the tire and checked all the other tires. Cause of flat: a nail.

Where I walk the dogs, there are at least ten birdfeeders. The birds that I try to take pictures of are camera shy.


This was a picture that was begging to be taken. I want to  make a scrapbooking page from this picture.


I'll be touring Tallahassee for the next couple of days.

No comments: