Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Savannah

When I checked in at the Savannah Oaks Resort, they gave me a lot of brochures for sightseeing. I signed up for the trolley tour for the next day. This is my site under the nice shady tree.


I didn't get to take a lot of pictures on the trolley, because it was so hot, the trees were in the way, and I was getting motion sick. Yuck! This is a marker for Juliet Low's house, the founder of the Girl Scouts.


The tour people recommended that you ride the whole circuit just to see where you want to stop. There were 15 stops and I made it to 12 which was the river front. I ate lunch at the Shrimp Factory. Excellent! Then I walked around to all the vendors and got a picture of a really interesting war memorial "A World Apart."


River Boat


For the next two days it rained, and I thought we were going to float away. Did a lot of reading during that time. The Savannah-Ogeechee Canal was adjacent to the rv park, so one afternoon, I took a self-guided tour down a scary path for a half mile. The scenery was beautiful. So  naturally I took pictures.




On Sunday my newest best friends Donna and Joe Delaney from Illinois moved out to Tybee Island and the River's End RV Park where they planned to stay for a week. They invited me for hamburgers, so after I toured the island I bought some wine and headed to their spot. The island is very touristy and fun. This is a picture of a surfer, but he had to be frustrated, because there wasn't much wave action.



Well, I don't know what I was thinking, but I didn't get a picture of Donna and Joe and there really cool banner. We have a date to meet in AZ in January.

No comments: