Saturday, August 13, 2011

Missing in Action

Well, I never intended to go this long without a post, but being around family is busy as one might expect. My sister's house is like a small hotel with kids and grandkids coming and going. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the older ones. I'll rectify that this next week.

Last weekend, John's brother Fred and his wife Jeanette came to help a demolition guy tear down an old house that was on some investment property that they recently bought. It's just up the road from Diane and John. Watching the action provided a great opportunity for pictures.


Here's nephew Danny doing some "hands on".


Uncle Fred seriously considering the trash in his hands.


The proud owners: Fred and wife Jeanette.


This is a cemetery adjacent to their property. Fred & Jeanette's would make a good place for a Halloween party.


That same day Diane and I went to the Smith-Freeman reunion at Buhl Farm Park. I'm going to have to get some pictures of the park. It's a half block from where I lived and it's beautiful and very well used by the locals. This is a picture of the Hofius'. Their family took over the Chevy car dealership from Charlie Freeman and Bill Snyder.


This is a picture of Ted Atkinson and Mary Alice Smith, probably the only other people that I really knew there.


Later in the afternoon, we relaxed around the pool. I did. Grandma had her hands full with Kaylie and Danny.


Marshall and Tux didn't want to miss anything.

On Monday I had coffee with three girlfriends from high school, but didn't get any pics. They meet every Monday, so I'm going back again this coming Monday. On Tuesday, I had lunch with my friend Sandy at the Avalon (the same posh place where we had our 50th three years ago) at Buhl Park. Again, I neglected the picture-taking routine, so be doubly sure that I will be having coffee on Monday with the girls.


Thursday of this week, we visited Mark and Celeste's new house in Farmdale, OH. Her mother Sharon was visiting from eastern PA. This is Mark's den which Celeste refers to as "the man cave."


Celeste has a beautiful kitchen that any homemaking would die for. This is a picture of some peach-pecan muffins she made, and one of her and her mom.



After we left here, we had lunch with our Schultz cousins at the Stone Arch in Greenville. When we get together we laugh so much it makes my stomach hurt. We took turns taking pics of each other. This is Diane and Leah.


And this is Carol and I.


On Thursday of this week, I got my new iphone. I had to have Jayme's boyfriend David come over and show me how to work it. I'm using training wheels right now, because there's quite a learning curve. Bottom line: I love it!

Yesterday was my granddaughter Skyler's 19th birthday. Where does the time go? Happy birthday sweetheart!

No comments: