Monday, October 31, 2011

Life a la casa

Things haven't been dull here at home. I'm certainly keeping the economy going. First, I had to have the air conditioner winterized; then, I bought storm doors for the front door and the sunroom entrance on to the patio. Mike Grillo and John did an excellent job. Darn, didn't take a picture.

One morning when I was on my walk, I heard some terrible honking. It was only the geese flying south.



Ginny, my rv friend, has been in town. We took a drive through chili/cotton country, and stopped in Hatch to buy some goodies. Hers were to decorate her daughter's new condo on Oahu where Ginny will be spending the winter. Naturally, I bought a wine glass that I didn't need. One Saturday, we went up to Bosque Del Apache to watch the cranes come in. Our timing wasn't right, so I didn't get any good pictures.

Last Thursday, I decided to have lunch with Rotary. I had a really fun time with Mario, Terry, Ray, Claudia, Sheila, and Blanca. Here's a pose from Claudia and Ray.


On Friday, I went to Las Cruces to spend more money, but, more importantly, to have lunch with my niece Jeannie Stipe, who I hadn't seen in over 20 years. We had a wonderful time with plans for a lot more visits to look at pictures, and swap family info for genealogy purposes. I can't wait. Again, no picture. I won't make that mistake again.

This past Saturday evening, I had a pleasant surprise: Cathy and Bob Raner called from the Elephant Butte Inn. They hadn't planned to stop and see me, but at the last minute changed their plans. We had drinks and dinner, and breakfast at the Club Sunday morning. We plan to meet up some time this winter for more fun.




This morning when I got home from my walk, the silly froggie hanging from the beam on the patio caught my attention.



No comments: