Tuesday, October 18, 2011

SKPE Rally

Last Tuesday, I decide to give up my dedication to yard work and join Judy and Rex at Pancho Villa State Park in Columbus, NM. Judy and Rex are on their way to south Texas where they will spend the winter. They had just spent the past several months with this  nice group of RVers in Benson, AZ. Judy and I did a lot of walking in the mornings, and I showed her the highlights of Columbus, and we stumbled on some new ones. For one thing, I didn't know they had such a big modern elementary school in Columbus. I wonder if English is their first or second language? Bad!


We also had a full moon, and Tuxedo actually stood still while I took this picture.


One day we went to lunch at the El Patio Restaurant, but no one sat on the patio. What a shame! I took pictures anyway. I just loved that door, but I have no idea where it went. Can you see the hand holding the torch?





During our lunch that day, a fellow Escapee, who doesn't own an RV yet, was asking us all sorts of questions, and I think we scrambled his brain. I also ran into Ray Hodges second cousin. What a small world!

On Thursday, we did lunch at the Pink Store in Palomas, MX. We were there for lunch and to find the geocache. First, we tried to find the geocache, and then decided to shop, have margaritas, and have lunch in whatever order came first. I found some margarita glasses and butterflies that I couldn't live without, and some Creme de Tequila 1921 which is good on ice cream. Here are some pics of me, Rex, Judy and the store in general.





We found the geocache right by the door in a pink box. I took a pomegranate cleansing bar, and Rex threw in some candy and a quarter.


Then we toured the plaza behind the Pink Store and took pictures of the statutes of General Pershing and a very tall Mexican military guy.


Judy and I also made a  new friend, but he was also huge and had funny sandals.


One of the gals at the rally told us about the Perfect Man Shrine, and it we found it in a residential neighborhood west of town. A man by the name of Earl Starcher was building it, but he died before he finished it.



What a beautiful three days and what great friends. Thanks Judy and Rex!

No comments: