Sunday, December 11, 2011

Otra Vez

Since I had seen the ugly weather headed to Elephant Butte, and knowing that I needed dental work, I headed for Wellton, AZ, on Tuesday, the 28th to begin my winter adventure. I stayed that night at the Magic Circle RV Park in Wilcox, and arrived at Tier Drop RV Park here in Wellton on Wednesday afternoon. We are on the west edge of the park with excellent access to the desert. I take Marshall and Tux out there in the morning and mid-afternoon. In the evening, I sort of cheat. We just take a walk around the palms out in front of the coach.

I got in touch with Brock on Thursday. He needed to go to Walmart in Yuma, so I went along and got a few things. I tried to email the dentist for an appointment, and it wouldn't go through. I'll have to resort to Plan B.

On Sunday, I decided to explore, and I drove to Yuma Proving Grounds and headed west to Imperial Dam. I found a place that Gary and I had been to about 15+ years ago called Hidden Shores RV Park. Well, now it's a resort/gated community. They gave me a visitor's pass good for an hour. It was just a mom and pop type of place with a small office and store. They were promoting permanent sites up on a hill adjacent to the park, and, at the time, I thought, "Who would want to do that?" It's quite a community now, and I have pictures to prove it

Here's a picture of the Beach Rules. I think it says something about fat women on a stamp to the right of Beach Area.


Here's a warning sign. We used to sit out there and cool off in the water.


These are some kayaks on the shore. I couldn't resist taking the picture because of their bright colors.


This is the resort club house and golf. It's not my type of place, but it was fun to revisit.



From here, I headed up to Martinez Lake. On the way out of the proving grounds, I had to get a picture of this helicopter.


I had been to Martinez Lake last year with a friend, but didn't have my camera to get pictures of the ducks. Here's what I got last Sunday.



These four guys are taking turns nibbling on a dead fish.






Good to the last peck!  This is the restaurant and bar. I had a good fish sandwich for lunch. Then I headed to the wildlife refuge and signed up for a guided walk on Wednesday,

No comments: