Sunday, August 26, 2012

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

My rving friend Judy Dill came to visit last Thursday on her way to Benson. After she got set up at the Elephant Butte Lake RV Resort, we went across the street and had lunch at the Inn. The skies opened up and we had a monsoon shower while we eating. That evening at Happy Hour we made plans to go to White Sands National Monument and tour a little bit of Las Cruces, time permitting.

Judy took some pictures with her iphone, and I had my trusty Nikon.


She got a picture of me taking pictures; imagine that!


Writing on the gypsum: a new form of petroglyph.


The clouds were hanging below the mountains to the east.



Returned to Las Cruces where we had lunch at the Olive Garden. After lunch we found two geocaches in the parking lot, and also got a virtual one at White Sands. Now I have a total of six. Judy has over 800!

While waiting for Deb to join us for Happy Hour, we played dueling iphones on the patio.



The boys had to get in on the act.


Yesterday morning Judy and I went for a walk and had breakfast at Hodges. While she was running errands, I noticed that one of my new cacti was blooming again, and Mr. Lizard was headed for the roof for some reason.



We got together at her rig later for Happy Hour and dinner of salmon, salad, and brussel sprouts. Got to eat healthy! This was the view of Turtleback Mountain from her site.


Judy in serious thought.


She carries her garden in her car. I used to carry flowers.


This is her rig. She has been full-timing for six years.


We'll be meeting up again in Brenda, AZ this winter and have tentative plans to caravan to Alaska next summer. Thank you God for good friends and good times.

No comments: