Friday, February 22, 2013

Exploring

I can't seem to stay home. Well, for what, fool? 


Here I am at Feliz Paseos Park on the west side of town, not too far from the Saguaro National Park, but that's a birding trip on March 2. Meanwhile back at Feliz... I'm looking directly east, but John Wayne is standing in my way. The park has paved paths for the handicapped, and more adventuresome treks on gravel for those so inclined. All the flora are well-marked. Tucson has its hands full, because this is a city park and well-maintained.




This is the picnic shelter complete with tables, grilles, and bathrooms. Beautifully tiled picture!


Back on Sentinel Peak, "A" Mountain to those of us who attended the University of Arizona, home of the Wildcats, it's scarey up here. The red portion of stones, which are now cemented and painted, is the bottom right of the "A". Back in the day, those were just a bunch of rocks that made an "A". The seniors I guess were in charge of going up at the end of the year and re-painting them white. So on to the cool stuff. Oh, I forgot to mention, this is another city park. While I was taking pics, I noticed two couple sitting at a folding table with a red tablecloth. Oh, duh, girl! It's Valentine's Day. I got close enough to strike up a conversation, because I noticed they had wine glasses (my kind of people). The husbands had done breakfast for them, complete with mimosas; then had them go "shopping"; met them for lunch; now on top of the mountain; and then dinner and the Wildcats game. One of the ladies sheepishly remarked, "And it all involved alcohol." Nice people enjoying Valentine's Day!


This is Tucson's equivalent of the Big I, where I-10 and I-19 meet. I-19 only goes 60 miles down to Nogales, Arizona/ Mexico, but it is an extremely well-traveled highway, and my route home. Below is a view from "A" Mountain looking toward northeast Tucson.




My new-found treasure bought from a vendor out on Silverbell Road. It matches the pots I already have, and it made me happy.





This is just me playing around with a cactus photo. I did get Elements 11 this week, and am naturally having fun tweaking my efforts.




Sunset from the street in front of my house. 


The black portion of this cactus is what happens when it's only 15 degrees on the desert. Silver Springs, Florida, looked worse four years ago. What is it with me? Do I attract the cold weather to these normally warm climes?

No comments: