Saturday, February 9, 2013

Just Saying


The days are going by so fast; if it weren't for my journal, I never remember where I've been or what I've done. I make a lot of lists and eventually cross things out and re-arrange more. I guess you might say I get things done when the spirit moves me. Sometimes it's the spirit wine! I've been checking places to take Norma shopping when she gets here. So I ended up at Tucson Mall and actually bought some new walking shoes that I desperately needed for my 2.5 mile jaunt every morning. That's the reason for the picture of Dillard's, one of my favorite stores.


So crazy me had to take a picture of my stuffed peppers, because they were so pretty. I got them at the Tanque Verde Flea Market on Ginny's last day. I also got a bag each of limes, tomatoes, and avocados for 99 cents each. They had some nice yard art, but I'm still shopping that project. Ginny left for Hawaii last Saturday and I really miss her.


Two weeks ago during my quilting class on a Saturday morning, it rained buckets. I mean it came down in sheets. Unfortunately, the boys were outside. Even Marshall was soaked, and his fur is hard for water to penetrate; poor Tux looked like a drowned rat. I had to get some towels from the workshop and dry them off before I could let them inside. By mid-afternoon, the sun was shining and it was beautiful, so took a walk around the park and got some pictures of drainage areas.



But then I couldn't help myself and took some more pictures. I'm always looking at my neighbor's yard decorations getting ideas for what I want to do. You really can't see the Sago palm; I should get a good picture. The froggy sits at the base looking quite happy.



We have some really tall saguaros here in the park. The birds make nests in the holes, and are always going to and fro. Some have so many holes, they're like apartment buildings. This one looks like he's trying to poke a hole in the cloud.


I love to take pictures of cactus, but I'm afraid to go near them, so I don't know how I'm going to manage the ones I already have in my yard.




So my plan is to do my colorful flowers in planters. I've already scoped out Home Depot, and I'm just waiting for this spell of cool weather to get through this coming week.


No comments: