Friday, May 16, 2014

Another Desert Museum Day

Since my friend Ed Fenton was nice enough to take care of my flowers while Karen Keating and I went to Antelope Canyon last week, I took him to the Desert Museum, because he had never been. I promote the museum whenever I can, because I'm a member and they give us free guest passes and other perks like free ice coffee and tea when we want to take a break. We had an excellent docent as they all are, and Ed was impressed learning how to use his camera. At some point, I realized I didn't have my cell phone. Thinking I probably left it in the car, I didn't worry too much. After all, you know how seniors are! We left the docent to enjoy our coffees on the patio, and then did the butterflies and humming birds. The butterflies were non-existent, and the hummers were too fast for my mind that had already started to worry about my cell phone. When we got back to the car and searched for my phone by Ed calling my number and establishing that it wasn't there, my blood pressure must have been astronomical. I let the people at the ticket booth know what my problem was, plus the docents who immediately banded together by calling one another and putting the word out. Ed and I re-traced our path, and I really felt that someone would readily see a purple cell phone lying on the ground. The window people gave me a local Verizon number to call from their phone book, and we dejectedly returned to the car and decided to head to a Verizon store. I had a Verizon number to call, but the guy was in New York and hadn't a clue how to help me. My phone book number locally turned out not to be the store that I last visited. As we were headed to town, Ed's phone rang, and miracle of miracles, the phone had been found in the parking lot. The young lady at the entrance window had enough smart sense to call the last missed call, which was the time that Ed called so we could find the phone in the car. After retrieving the phone, we headed to Olive Garden for soup, salad and WINE. However, I did take a few pictures.





The above is a Western coral bean.



Same flower...different stage of bloom.



Can't stop taking pictures of plain old petal cactus.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you and a nice day at the Desert Museum and found your phone!