Sunday, September 7, 2008

Home











Before landing in Tucumcari on Friday evening, I discovered that Marshall had eaten his leash. How am I to walk this beast? Not to worry, Mom. I love you. He was a perfect gentleman. After all, he knows who feeds him. On the way to Elephant Butte yesterday I took pictures of the black-eyed Susans taking over the high desert. Not to worry again. When I arrived home, they had taken over Marshall's west 4o of the property. It's good to be home. From emails and correspondence in route, I'll have a busy week. One of the pictures is of "a weed" in the front yard that was quite beautiful. As of tomorrow, it's history. As I was checking out my pictures, I forgot some of the wild flowers I shot along the way on Friday. I guess I need to get a book to identify them. I just can't pass up beautiful flowers. Mom always said that I had to marry a florist or a doctor to take care of my bronchial asthma. My sccond husband Gary the surveyor measured the land and all its flowers. When we were out on a job, he hated it when I would pick up "pretty" rocks for my garden. Needless to say, I thank God for my wonderful life!

No comments: