Friday, September 5, 2008

This picture is in the woods on Bernie's property. I couldn't resist the beautiful wild ferns.


Yesterday I drove from Jackson, TN to Henryetta, OK. The weather finally cleared after lunch. Most of the rain was only drizzle. No opportunity to take pictures. I have to get the oil changed in the truck. Luckily there's a Pennzoil place up the street. I saw the strangest thing in Russellville, AK. There's a thing that looks like a nuclear power facility that was spewing smoke all over. If it hadn't been drizzling, the effect of the smoke would have been more pronounced. Many years ago on a cross-country trip with Tess Lopez in the RV, we attempted to stay at a state park on the lake adjacent to the facility. The smell in the water was too awful to stay. If this is the way this facility operates, I can't believe the residents don't complain. Darn, I should have taken a picture, but again there was no opportunity to stop. Marshall is just going to have to learn to take pictures. On Wednesday for dinner, I made my green bean, tuna and tomato salad with my sister's home-grown green beans and tomatoes. The green beans were awesome. Thanks, Diane. I'm looking forward to another one tonight.

No comments: