Monday, February 22, 2010

Silver Springs

Eating and drinking my way through Florida continues. Sunday before last, we went back up to Lake Panasofkee and actually saw the lake and I took some pictures, but none were exactly a Kodak moment. Habor Lights Lounge and Restaurant had an excellent buffet, good atmosphere and pretty scenery. Last Saturday, we went to Silver Springs. The weather was great. We took three boat cruises and saw a lot of alligators and turtles. We saw big  purple emu eggs that were abandoned due to the cold weather. I got a picture of a palm with a crazy curvy trunk.  One picture is of a bird that looks like he has a crazy hat on his head, but I don't know its name. The little squirrel was sitting in his dish eating the bird's food. Yesterday we went to Leesburg and found a Walmart that had the rag rugs I wanted and also a bread machine. I had excellent fish and chips at the Ramshackle Bar. It's warm, but trying to rain. The bread machine is doing its trial run.

No comments: