Thursday, March 11, 2010

In the Groove

     I arrived home from my big adventure on Thursday March 4 at about 5 in the afternoon. Wow! It's already been a week. I left Snyder, TX that morning about 6:45. West of Snyder in the cotton fields were flocks and flocks of great blue herons. The fields were grey with them. Unfortunately, there was no where to pull off for a picture. The same thing happened with my view of Sierra Blanca coming through Carrizozo. I had a spectacular view in my side mirror.
     Friday evening, after Cindi presented me with a bottle of Bitch wine (see picture), and I gave her a "Drinks Wine with Others" t-shirt and wine glass jewelry, we decided to go to Los Arcos for a drink. Naturally, half the town was there. Then we went on to the Inn where the "Unknowns" were playing loudly. Home was better.
     Saturday, I took a tour of the town to see what had been happening while I was gone. The main street through town is getting a major renovation and promises to be great when done.
     Unloading the motorhome and cleaning the dog fur out of it is proving to be a major job. The weather has been typical Spring: fast clouds and wind.
     The dogs' reaction to being home was a big yawn and to chase each other around. I did get a cute shot of Tux being his normal self.
     They started the sewer project on Huron on Monday and hit my water line on Tuesday. There is a big gaping whole in the road in front of the house and I had to park at Eddie's across the street in order to use my car.
     Wednesday I had a hair cut in the morning and lunch with Liza at the Club. Evelyn Skiles surprised me with her stylish head gear to cover her regrowth of hair. It was so good to see her out and about.
     Today was Rotary. It was so nice to see all  my Rotary friends and catch up on club news. I guess it's back to doing the Rotary blog while I'm in town, but that's OK, because I enjoy doing it. Susan LaFont called from the Chamber, so I guess I'm back to working the office on Wednesday mornings. That too will be fun.

No comments: