Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Waiting for Spring

     We keep getting bits and pieces of Spring, which I guess is normal for that unpredictable time of the year. I have the most beautiful tulips in my back garden which I have neglected to take a picture of. Who said, "Never end a sentence in a preposition?" A lot of people don't know what a preposition is. I did get a close up of my red plum. I did go to the lake to watch people have fun in their sailboat and campers. Taking pictures of the lake is my obsession. Or is it taking pictures?
     On Monday, Deb and I went arrowhead/shard hunting with Robin. This time Robin aka Ms. Nascar drove her ATV. Poor Deb sat on a pillow in the back compartment, but seemed to enjoy herself immensely. The first place that we went, after we roared through the cows and their new calves, was one of several ruins. I ran into a cholla cactus that asked me to take his picture, and naturally I obliged. We scoured the ground like we'd never seen dirt before and came up with a few rewards. We continued on to all the sites of ruins that Robin knew and ate lunch at the site of an old homestead. There was a dam that the settlers had built to hold water, and now the ranch uses it to water the cattle.
     From there we went to the petroglyphs which were hard to see, but the lichen made me think that a bunch of old hippies had been there before to paint the rocks. There was one place that was a chimney where the Indians obviously sent up smoke signals. We then visited a pit house that had been excavated, but those who found whatever that they didn't want left them on a flat rock: to include a quarter! At another ruins, Deb insisted on climbing to the highest point to get a good picture. I got a picture of Deb instead. Robin and I were discussing how we were going to carry Deb out of there in case she fell and broke her head. Way too much fun! Had to get back to the boys and feed them dinner.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...tulips of which I neglected to take a picture...
:)

Anonymous said...

Hey you blocked out that picture of me!!