Friday, March 9, 2012

Blogus Interruptus

Sometimes Blogger gets cranky! On President's Day we continued on to Felicity, CA, just across the highway from Pilot's Knob that I've hiked twice. Felicity's claim to fame is being the center of the Universe. It's a beautiful work in progress of an etched in marble History of Mankind. This me with my foot on the mark.


This the building from the outside. I actually have a certificate showing that I was there.


Here's my friend Bernie. She asked the photographer to do a close-up. We found one of the etchers at work, and he shared some insight about his job. For instance, he has a second job as cook in a restaurant for the necessities of life.



I watched this church being built over the years. It sits on a man-made hill with a tremendous view. Supposedly non-denominational, but it has a Catholic flavor and a graveyard that says "consecrated" ground on a nearby sign. The church was dedicated by a priest and bishop.



This stair portion has something to do with the stairs going up to the Eiffel Tower. I think this too is a work in progress.


The next day I took Bernie to Martinez Lake because she had never been and I'm a sucker for acting as a tour guide. Here's one or some of my flower pix from there.


On my last 4-wheeling trip, our last stop was Baker's Tanks. Norma and Bernie posed to add some significance to an otherwise uneventful trip.


Next stop Organ Pipe National Monument. Right now, I'm off to a photography club meeting.

No comments: