Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Back Home

I arrived home last Wednesday. Sky came down on Thursday to help me unload. What a great job she did! Now all I have to do is clean my rig in my leisure time. I'm expecting Mike, my handyman, to come fix the drip in the shower faucet. I'm catching the water in a bucket and putting it on my bushes in the courtyard. I can't afford to waste any of this expensive Elephant Butte water.

While I wait, let me take you on a tour of Organ Pipe National Monument. I hiked the Desert View Trail alone without my walking stick. I was just too anxious to take pictures. The visitor's center is dedicated to a slain park ranger.



I'm no expert, but maybe the wind did that to the cactus. The poor guy below is dead, but they don't believe in burying them.



This was the only cactus bloom that I saw. The flowers below are just a few of the many. This really is the best time to visit the desert.





The two previous pictures give you an idea of how rugged the mountains are. There is evidence everywhere of illegals coming through. Next stop Tucson.

No comments: