Monday, April 2, 2012

Oh the WIND!

Since I've been home, we've had a few days of wind which have produced some comic results. These were taken on my morning walk.

Someone's red solo cup escaped!


You can barely see the dusting of snow in the rose garden which was moved last week. The area is soon to be a cactus garden. The birds miss the rose bushes.


More snow in front courtyard. Typical Spring!


Plastic patio table perched in mesquite tree on Skyline Rd.


Beautiful yucca bud: the owner was standing there when I took the picture. I saw yesterday that it has since bloomed, but didn't have the right camera with me. You notice how particular I am.


I had to check the water level out at Dam Site Marina. Since this picture, they've started releasing water for irrigation, so this will probably be the highest point unless there's more snow melt or, an unlikely thought, a torrential rain. I might massage this pic; I can see the reflection of the butte and some clouds.


Speaking of clouds! I'm a sucker for them every time.


This is one of the squirrels playing in the rocks. You can just see the other squirrel's tail under his front paws. It's fun to feed and watch these guys antics.


This is how the river looked before they started letting out the water. In the next segment, we'll get back to Tucson.

No comments: