Friday, April 13, 2012

A trip down memory lane

Of course Tucson looks nothing like it did back in 1958. I wanted to ease my way into the city proper, so I visited Saguro National Park first. I missed a guided hike by a few minutes; no loss, I took my trusty map and guided myself in the car, not on foot this time, except to get out of the car for a photo. It wasn't the perfect time of day for pictures, but what's a girl to do.





There are a lot facilities for picnics, hiking and reunions. Of course, every post has to have a dead tree.


After I headed toward the city, it really wasn't far: maybe five miles, I was reasonably certain of where I was going. WRONG! I almost ended up in Oro Valley, which wouldn't be half bad because I have some friends who live there. But I'm too anal to digress, so I finally found Sacred Heart Church where my children's father and I were married. The area has deteriorated and the whole place looked a little deserted and sad. The main door had been moved to the east side and was locked.


I drove around the corner and think I found the place we used to live, but couldn't be sure.


Back at the park, I found a new friend who was looking foe a space.



Some years ago, there was a water slide in the middle of the park, but the owner decided it was too much trouble, so this is a remnant.


Nostalgia will continue later. I'm off to plant my flowers before the wind gets too fierce.

No comments: