Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Our Poor Lake

It's water-deprived; even with some of the nice rains we've had. I have never seen it quite this low.


This is the butte, but instead of blue water, there's nothing but sand from this angle.


I took the pictures from the island where they set off fireworks; except, it's no longer an island.


I guess I got carried away with sky. The clouds were spectacular, and we did get some rain.


Looking south toward the marina.


My poor lonely Tracker dwarfed by sky and sand.


I almost hated to post these pictures, but the story needs to be recorded. Because of the clouds, we're getting some spectacular sunrises and sunsets. I'll post some of those in the next few days.

2 comments:

Angele said...

Oh Dolly! These are amazing photographs! I dreamt of butterflies last night; did you know that there are very few this year in the west - the drought in the west & midwest has kept them to the east.

The Artist Rocks said...

Thanks,Angele. I just looked at your website. Very nice! What kind of camera do you use in your professional photography?