Saturday, September 8, 2012

Rain!

Thank God for the rain, even if it did put a damper on Elephant Days. Starting late yesterday afternoon and continuing through the night, it alternates between a steady light rain and a drizzle. I did get my walk in early this morning without getting wet. I didn't go to the parade and have not been to the event site yet. I'll do that tomorrow morning; after all, how long can it rain in New Mexico? Forty days and forty nights?


This is the rain on my dirty kitchen window.


This was taken through the storm door window. You can see the reflection of the trees in the backyard on the wet patio.

This is the geranium that I saved by putting chicken wire over the pot, so the rabbits couldn't eat it. I think I'll take it with me this winter.

Since monsoon season started, I've been trying to get a half way decent picture of some raindrops. These are on the leaves of my purple plum tree. When I get around to taking some pictures of the lake, you'll understand why I'm so excited about this rain.

No comments: