Monday, February 24, 2014

Copper Canyon Day Two

Since I'm an early riser, I took this picture of the marina and the local landmark jutting toward the sky. Almost all mornings we had an early breakfast and planned activities for the day. Yesterday afternoon we were supposed to tour a cactus garden, but since we got in late, I figured that plan had fallen by the wayside. Not so, stay tuned.





The boat ride off shore was something that I had been looking forward to. These pelicans don't seem to mind their own excrement; in fact, they are busy preening and admiring one another or one-upping each other as the case may be. I don't know what  kind of birds are in the picture below, but, they, too, are enjoying their surroundings.




This was the best part: the dolphins joined us and raced under the boat and with each other. Since I was warned not to bring my good camera for fear of theft, I had to do my photography with my 12 year old Olympus. I'm delighted that Byron will be taking up the slack with his DVD of excellent shots.



After the boat ride, we got to go to the cactus garden after all. It seemed to be part of some resort that had been abandoned due to the ill fortune of the developer. As you know, I love to take querky pictures, and this looked like some sort of hair growing out of the cactus, like he's having a bad hair day. After lunch, we went to the Pearl Farm. Originally, that was being cancelled, because the owners were in Tucson at the Gem Show. I didn't take any pictures, because I had been there in October. My fellow travelers made the owners' day worth while. They did love to spend money. An aside: our Aussie travelers left their passports and some other valuables at the hotel, and a cab driver hired by the hotel met the bus along the road to deliver them. Great service Trafalgar. Now for our long ride to Alamos which turned out to be one of my favorite stops. We had a great dinner, drinks and entertainment. More about that in Day Three.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The birds after the Pelicans are Blue-footed Boobies!!! Nice capture Dolly.

The Artist Rocks said...

Thanks, Karen. I remember that now.