Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Copper Canyon Trip Day Four


After breakfast I took as many pictures as I could, because this was by far the most quaint of our lodgings. This is the front door on the inside of my room. The room was brick and stone throughout. Again, I had a strange and antiquated locking system on my door.





This is the window with beautiful white curtains held apart with what looks like beaded jewelry ties. The view from the window is the very last picture.


The blue dresser looks like some I've seen hand-made here in Mexico but with an antiqued kind of finish. All the accents in the room were of that blue color.



My shower had beautiful stone work handsomely done. My sink is made of some kind of stone, very primitive-looking. Notice in the picture below that the sink is sitting on a Singer sewing machine frame. There were many of those frames used in various ways throughout the complex. The decorator had a grand time from what I can tell.




As you can see the patio furniture is incredibly comfortable. While we had our evening libation, they played classical guitar music, and I thought I died and went to heaven.


Columns with nothing to hold up. Great idea for a picture. Below is the view from my room window with yet another idea for using Singer frames.


I wandered toward the square while waiting for everyone to board the bus. It's a fifteen minute ride to the train station and we have to be sure to take everything we want from the bus, because our driver is going to take it to the other side of Copper Canyon.

No comments: