Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Desert Museum

When my friend Judy stopped to see me on her way East for her Dad's 91st birthday, we visited the Desert Museum. I became a yearly member, because I love to go out there and take pictures.They have added an aquarium. Does that make sense?  Borrowed from some popular phraseology!  One might think that strange being in the desert, but the Baja is only a few hours from here. One of my favorite places to go before it became unsafe. These are some pictures that I took before it reached 90.


An agave plume, huge and impressive!


Just another cactus bloom!


They had an enclosed bird area and the docents were especially proud of their hummingbirds, and how they helped them build their nests by providing them with spider webs.



I had never seen a yellow ocotillo bloom; I always thought they were orange.


Sometimes I get lucky with my shots.


And here's JUDY! We met in Utah about four years ago and have been friends ever since, trading visits in our travels. After this it was time for lunch at one of my favorite places in Green Valley, Los Agaves. If you caught our Facebook posts, you saw her chicken fajitas. Shared a great visit getting our exercise, counting calories and drinking wine. Thanks, Judy. Life doesn't get any better!





No comments: