Thursday, May 30, 2013

Reid Park Zoo

It seems that I'm trying to get all of my sight-seeing done before it gets too hot, or I hit the road again. Which ever comes first. People in Tucson take their kids to all of the places that I frequent for picture-taking. That's fine. I like to try and capture some of their facial expressions and antics, but I worry that the parents will find me suspicious. Not to worry; I haven't gotten any shots worthy of publication yet, but I'm working on it. As soon as I understand my new camera better, nothing will be safe or sacred. These parrots were extremely colorful and cooperative. It seemed as if everyone else was on go-go juice.





Mr. Anteater is a perfect example of one who wouldn't keep still. He had two other buddies; maybe it was a family. Their fur is so shimmery and brilliant. I wonder if they groom each other like monkeys do.




Mr. Hippo all but posed. Toward the end, he became bored and mostly showed me his butt. Unfortunately, I didn't include that picture. Ladies who worry about how big their behinds are should spend an afternoon at the zoo. I almost forgot his other most distinguishing feature: I really think he's proud of his snout. Perhaps, I should Google hippos, and gather some more information before my fertile mind goes off a cliff.






At first, I didn't even notice the lion, but then he picked up his head and allowed me to take his picture. Handsome fellow.



Ducks aren't any big deal, but, like birds, I never tire of them. I felt the swirling of the water in this shot was interesting.


Mr. Tapir was another guy who wouldn't be still. Would they be that restless in the wild? Just a thought.


I was slightly in love with Mr. Giraffe. Aren't I bad, assuming all these animals are guys? He was busy eating grass and leaves off the trees. Starting next month, the Desert Museum and, I think, the zoo also will have night events taking advantage of the coolness of the evening. Tomorrow evening, I'm doing a night walk at Sabino Canyon.


No comments: