Thursday, May 16, 2013

Tucson Botanical Gardens

In the heart of downtown Tucson, this site was originally a home, but then became a nursery. Then the owners took the 5 acres and embellished on the gardens and plantings that were there. This is some of what I enjoyed trying to capture in the moment.








Other than the pansy and the blooms on the cacti, I don't know the names of the other plants and flowers.




I have almost OD'd on saguaro blooms, but everyone seems to present a different photographic challenge, not to mention the fun of post-processing.


I had never seen an artichoke plant, so that was a treat.




I do know this is an amaryllis.



So in the Children's Garden, which I thoroughly enjoyed, there were some bird houses made out of strange things. To the lower left is a white cowboy boot made into a birdhouse. This is an upscale mansion with a corrugated roof. There were plenty of beautifully decorated gourds turned in bird residences.




This a bit of whimsy, perhaps out of Alice in Wonderland. It was a great time and I will no doubt go back in the fall.

1 comment:

Mariah said...

Beautiful photos!!