Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Apollo Not on the Moon





































I went to Apollo, PA last Saturday to visit my cousin Bernie. His family was having a birthday party for him to help celebrate 79 years. Marshall was the hit of the party running from one end of the property to the other. One of my pictures shows the Russian chapel that Bernie built. He copied the design from those he saw on one of his many trips to Russia. On Sunday we visited cousin Maryann and her husband Vince at their golf course in Saltzburg, PA. We toured the house being built by her son Larry for his son Michael and his wife who is expecting a baby next week. Pictured are Bernie, Maryann, Larry and Michael. She was a big help with the genealogy portion of our visit. I think we could have talked for days. Bernie and I went to dinner at Red Lobster in Monroeville and had great food and a good time. Monday morning cousin Bill Grebosky came by and we discussed more genealogy. He is going to visit more cousins in Export, PA and get me a copy of my grandfather's naturalization papers. Pictures include: the inside and outside of Bernie's new house and some grandchildren fishing at the gazebo on the pond. The property is beautiful and I have many more pictures. I came home Tuesday in time to meet Lily and Diane at an Italian restaurant in Hermitage. Plans are being made for a big picnic for Sunday, because we want a day to rest before the "world starts to turn" again on Tuesday.

No comments: