Tuesday, August 12, 2008




It was another interesting day on the road. Kansas is a total speed trap and the motorists do obey the law. I had a local sheriff watch me for several miles and then turn around. The state police were also very active. I was a good girl and followed all the good Kansas people. My Garmin is finally working properly and is directing me to PA, although she whines when I stop at roadside rests, gas stations, and restaurants. Trucks dominate the interstate and there is still a lot of building in spite of the notion that times are hard in our country. I think it depends on where you are. The rest stops in Illinois are beautiful, so I captured the outside of one. There bathrooms are gross. My other picture is of Marshall telling me which bed he wants. The whole thing was staged: he knows he's not allowed on the bed. It took way too much energy for me to get him up there, but he loves the camera; it's almost as good as a treat.

No comments: