Monday, August 18, 2008

Busy Weekend




Erie Canal lock along the Shenango River






Top right picture: Queen Anne's Lacy taken this morning on our walk
Bottom left picture: Cousins Carol and Leah and Leah's husband Joe; Bottom right: Fran and Steve Kusmus at class reunion; Far bottom right: Great-neice Annabelle wearing water balloons




The ice-breaker Friday night was a lot of fun, but slightly embarrassing. I didn't know anyone but Sandy and Steve Kusmus; however, everyone knew me. I didn't take any pictures, because Allegra's husband is putting together a DVD. Everyone seemed the same; the nice people were nice, and those that I remember as being not so nice were the same. Saturday evening at the country club we had name tags and things were a lot more comfortable. The food was excellent and we even had a two-man band that was quite good. My pictures turned out lousy, so I'm counting on Allegra's husband and anyone else (and there were quite a few who were taking pictures) to help me out. I was home by 10 PM and everyone was in bed. Before I went to the reunion, Mike brought the walleye and promised to be back early on Sunday. That didn't happen because he hurt his back lifting a TV and couldn't sit long enough to drive over here. Sunday was a slight disappointment because Michael couldn't make it and none of Leah or Carol's kids could make it. So the picnice was just Leah, Joe, Carol, Larry, John, Diane, Johnny, Danny, Annabelle, the babies Dannie and Kaylee, Jaymie, David and Lily. Marshall was under everyone's feet playing with a dead field mouse. We defrosted half of the walleye and Diane cooked it in her deep fryer. It was the hit of the picnic. John smoked a turkey, Diane and I made a huge salad, and Carol and Leah brought dessert, and some fantastic beets and macaroni and cheese. We were stuffed. After all the anticipation, preparation, food and clean-up, I was exhausted and went to bed at 8 PM. This morning Diane, Marshall and I went for our almost 5 mile walk and I got some great pictures of flowers.

No comments: