Thursday, August 14, 2008

Yesterday was probably the most frustrating of the trip. At lunch time I stopped east of Indianapolis after congratulating Garmin for getting me through Indy with such ease. I called my sister Diane to tell her that I would probably arrive in Greenville late afternoon. I told her that if something came up, I'd call her (little did I know). On the outskirts of Columbus, I noticed some by-passes that Garmin should have warned me about, but nothing happened. When I got to a point where I was going to go through downtown Columbus, I gave up and pulled off. Garmin had lost her voice. I pulled into a park and played with all the buttons and got out the directions. I don't know what I did, but she finally started working. And when we got back on the interstate, she wanted to take me to Cleveland and I wanted to go to Wheeling, so I shut her off. I might turn her on later this morning, if she talks nicely. I had to call Diane and tell her I'd be there after lunch. No pictures yesterday even though the weather was beautiful. We are at a nice Comfort Inn in Zanesville and will pick up I-79 a few miles east of here and head north. Marshall continues to be the perfect travel companion. Garmin, the bitch, should take lessons from him. When we were coming in from our walk this morning, a trucker was standing outside his room staring down the corridor. He didn't hear or see us, and you should have seen the look on his face when Marshall walked up and sniffed his crotch. It scared him to death. He said, "I thought I'd been eaten." I apologized and he petted Marshall. I told him to have a good day. I'm sure that surprised him, because no one around here says anything like that. I'm off to get a shower and get on the road. I hope to have pictures later on today.

No comments: