Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bryce Canyon

Before I got to the park, I took a picture of Mossy Cave Trail, just a preview of scenery to come.

This is the most accessible and kodak-friendly park so far. I stayed at Ruby’s Inn RV Park and signed up for a FREE tour on a big tour bus. The driver was extremely knowledgeable and told stories about Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid who were from around here. Here is an elk that stopped to pose just for me.

This is a rock formation that is supposed to be a turtle with Leif Erickson to the left. Honest, and no adult beverages to be had!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This formation is supposed to be Queen Victoria.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

This is the Natural Bridge Arch. I took a lot of pictures of this formation, but this one is  my favorite.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Fairyland Point let’s you use your imagination and pick out your favorite cartoon character. Of course, I flunked cartoons same as kindergarten, so this is my best shot.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

In this one, if I move backwards, it’s goodbye Dolly. I think I look a little tense.

The next day, I left for Kanab, but on the way down, I came through Red Canyon which is extremely beautiful and at the entrance to Zion. I came through two tunnels that look like natural arches (didn’t get a picture), and really didn’t want to stop because of road construction.

I’m staying at the Hitch’n Post RV Park, and my friend Judy from MO just got here, so we are going to do Zion and Best Friends tomorrow. She actually stayed in Red Canyon and said it was great. Oh well, next time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you will find this . I had a hard time finding where to leave a comment. so, anyhow, if you do, it seems that you are having a wonderful time with all your friends where you want to be. I am so pleased to know that because I am poor and am not able to join you, as much as would like to. Arizona looks like a great place to winter. You made a wonderful choice. I love you, sorry.