Friday, September 24, 2010

Lake Powell

Wow! What a really great campground! It’s part of Wahweep  Resort which has a hotel, restaurant and tour packages along with the RV  park. The guests in the RV park also get the use of the resort pools. This is the view from my site.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I arrived Monday morning and on Tuesday I took a tour of the canyons by boat along with 80 other people. The people at the head of the line got the seats up top. I was inside, but could move around the boat and take whatever shots I wanted.

We had to cruise closely by a marina full of private house boats. This one “Sotally Tober” caught my eye.

This is Castle Rock, the first thing you see as you exit the marina.

When we were back in the narrow canyon, the captain had to blow his horn  as we rounded each bend. On one we encountered these kayakers.

 

The captain called the white line on the rocks “the bathtub ring.” It’s the same as it is at Elephant Butte; it’s the high water mark.

I tried to get as up close and  personal as I could. Being in your own boat would be better. This reminded me of Marty and Sue and I exploring Elephant Butte, only on a much grander scale.

I loved standing at the back of the boat watching the wake.

I can’t say enough about the RV park. The sites were spacious and paved with full hookups. There were sidewalks and hiking trails to and from the resort and marina and also all around the park. On my last night, I met my neighbors who also drink Beringer White Merlot. We had a great visit with promises of meeting somewhere in Arizona this winter. Home again, home again on Saturday. I can’t wait to take off for the winter.

No comments: