Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Goodbye Party

Last Saturday afternoon, the singles group had a farewell party, because a lot of people are leaving this weekend and the coming week. We had a wonderful menu: bbq'd loin of pork, spinach salad, potato salad, carrots and parsnips, all sorts of crunchy veggies, great garlic bread and probably some stuff that I'm forgetting. Margaritas were on the house. Notice Curtis the two-fisted drinker.
A candid shot of Barb and Dale.

This is Carrie who is relaxing on the recliner trying to overcome an ear infection.

This is my friend June. We did a lot of traveling to Yuma and Mexico together, along with hauling me and Tux to the groomer. One great lady!

From left to right, this is Sid, Bud, Bernie and Marv. All of these guys have been great fun thought out the season. The one person that I didn't get a picture of was Marian. Other people who took pictures have not shared theirs with me, so I'm at a loss.

This is Quinten and Norma. They seem to have become close Canadian friends.

I might add that this shindig was held at Norma's park model, and spent the previous evening cleaning veggies and drinking wine. Norma and I had a wonderful time! Here's pretty pictures of our food.

Last but not least, here are the cooks: Quinten and Dale.

On March 7, I moved over to the site that I thought I wanted for next year, but after being here for a week, I'm having second thoughts. The up-side is that the orange trees are blossoming, and I wish I could share the fragrance; however, here are two pictures of the blooms.

That was the last of pictures. I guess we are having an impromptu St. Patrick's Day celebration at the pub across the highway. If any memorable pictures result from that I will post. Other than that, I expect to be home shortly.

No comments: