Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Yuma Wetlands

The next day, going to the Yuma Wetlands was a real treat. Brock and I met Al and Helga, birding friends of his, there at the park. We walked around and saw a lot of birds and have pictures to prove it. The problem is that I can't remember the names like I'm supposed to. The Riverside RV Park is adjacent to this place and I'm sure has lots of birders in residence. This is a picture of my companions for the day: Brock, Helga, and Al.
Al was the leader and other than birds this old car was a pretty interesting sight.
I have two pictures of this yellow bird on these red flowers. I guess I need to get more technical and be able to name the bird and the flowers. Oh well, in the meantime, just enjoy the pretty pictures.

This is a humming bird on her nest.

Again, I don't know what this bird is called, but he was very cooperative.

We see a lot of great blue herons at the lake where I live, but this is a green heron. I think the battery in the Nikon died and I didn't have the extra on  me, so that's why I couldn't get closer.

Egrets love to pose and this guy was no exception.

The ironwood tree reminds me of our mesquite, and they do have mesquite here also. They are blooming right  now, and had to get a picture.

No comments: