Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Home Again

I was hoping to have one more post of my RV friends, because on St. Patrick's Day we met at the Beaches for Happy Hour. Norma took a lot of pictures of me, June, Brock, and Quinten. We traded off operating the camera, so  Norma got in a few also. The  next day Norma went to a card-making convention in Tucson, and someone took the memory card out of her camera and erased all those pictures. Oh, darn! I hate it when that happens.

I arrived home Saturday around lunch time after spending the previous evening in Lordsburg. I unloaded a lot of stuff, and checked out the house. Everything seems to be in order. Marty and Sue arrived around lunch time on Sunday. We divided our time between unloading, (Marty) checking out the boat, and visiting.
While Sue was changing the music, the boys decided she should play with them. We had dinner at the Inn, and visited with Nancy, the bartender. Everything seems to be the same. Then we went home and got some shots of the full  moon.


On Monday, we thought we'd take a short trip on the lake, but the wind came up sooner than predicted, so we decided to go 4-wheeling on the beach. Oh Lord! We got stuck even in 4 wheel drive. So Cindi sent Tom Stroup to pull us out with his "crawl" jeep. After that I took pictures of the terns (sea gulls) and the shoreline. I didn't get any pix of Marty crawling around the Rave pushing sand away from the wheels; the camera was in the glove box. Rats!


Parker got to play on the beach. We weren't brave (or stupid enough) to bring three dogs. Marty posing Parker.

There was quite a bit of damage to the native bushes during the January freeze. Everyone's oleanders suffered (including mine) along with the grandmother tongue cacti and the century plants. So I've been watering non-stop and plotting my pruning efforts. Needless to say, I've got a ton of yard work to do. On my walk this morning, a beautiful bird stopped right beside me in a mesquite tree and asked to have his picture taken. I looked it up in my bird book, and it's a pyrrhuloxia, a "desert cardinal."

Did I get lucky with that bird, or what? These lake pix are just a very small portion around the corner from Jet Boat Cove which is about two blocks from my house.

I filled my bird feeder and replaced the one the birds destroyed, and found a bunch of yard stuff at Dollar General today, so I guess I'll be entertained for a few days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do you know the name of the last bird picture?? I know what it is.

I love your blog. Does it cost you anything to do??

Paula