Monday, March 28, 2011

St. Patrick’s Day Revisited

 

Miracle of miracles! Norma resurrected the pictures somehow from her camera and sent them today.  So to recap the day: the singles group, just five of us, met at The Beaches, a bar at Coyote Wash just across I-8 from the rv park.

Maricopa & Tucson 003

Brock and I were the only ones to eat since we didn’t stop for lunch: elected to start celebrating the day early. Brock has his Irish language school shirt on. Mine is from Alagodones. It just happens to fit for the day.

Maricopa & Tucson 005

On the left is my friend June from Minnesota. We did a lot of traveling and shopping in Yuma and Mexico. The big smiley gentleman is Quinten, a Canadian from BC, and currently spending a lot of time with my friend Norma.

Maricopa & Tucson 006

Norma is standing between Brock and me. She was really the leader of our singles group and the first to fall into a relationship. Well, I guess that’s what it’s all about.

Maricopa & Tucson 009

This guy was so obviously into the festivities, and I was so intrigued by his hat, I asked him to pose with me for a picture. I don’t think he was feeling any pain.

Maricopa & Tucson 010

Here’s Quinten giving me a good-bye hug. I left for home the next day. Is he BIG, or am I shrinking? It was probably the best St. Patrick’s Day had in years.

No comments: